Wednesday 18 November 2015

Frank Words of Wisdom by Kristen Clark


Shared with you with permission from Kristen Clark who wrote this in another blog a few days ago:


*I don't usually talk about things like depression on this page (or at least I try not to, lez be honest, sometimes I do), but could I just say something for a minute? If you think that someone is weak because they claim to have depression, anxiety, or some other kind of mental disorder, then I'm sad to say that you're very very wrong.

Depression- feelings of severe despondency and dejection, otherwise known as extreme sadness.
  Symptoms- being more quiet than usual, having little self-worth, losing interest (whether quickly or slowly) in activities previously enjoyed.

Anxiety disorders- a category of mental disorders characterized by feelings of anxiety and fear, where anxiety is a worry about future events and fear is a reaction to current events.
  Symptoms- jumpiness, timid voice, occasional nervous laughter.

Bipolar disorder- characterized by both manic and depressive episodes, or manic ones only.
   Symptoms- major mood swings (obvious, I know), or sudden changes in interests or outlook on life.

I could sit here all day and list the different kinds of things people all over the world struggle with. But back to what I was saying earlier. If you think people like these are weak, you're very wrong. People like this - admittedly similar to myself - are dangerous. Why, you ask? Broken people know how to survive. So I'm only going to say this once and be done with it. DO NOT MAKE FUN OF SOMEONE WHO CLAIMS TO HAVE ANY OF THESE LISTED ABOVE OR ANY OTHERS YOU MAY HERE OF, AND DO NOT ROMANTICIZE THIS SHIT. IT'S NOT BEAUTIFUL, THESE ARE SERIOUS THINGS THAT ARE OFTEN FOUGHT WITH ON A SEVERE LEVEL ON A DAILY BASIS. Thank you, that is all.*

Thank you, Kristen, could not have said it better myself.😊

No comments: